Vote for your favourite backyard now:
- Take some photos of your bird feeding setup for your chance to win!
- The contest runs from July 16-31, 2021.
- Judging runs from August 1-7, 2021.
- There are two categories in the contest: Urban & Rural.
- The winner of each category will receive a $150 Gift Card to Backyard Birds Nature Shop.
- Participants must fill out an entry form to enter the contest. The form includes a photo release.
- Please note: it doesn't have to be the backyard - it could be the front yard, the patio, etc.
- You must live within 50 kilometers of Backyard Birds Nature Shop in Spruce Grove, Alberta. Not sure if you are within the radius to enter the contest? Contact Us.
- You may enter the contest yourself, or nominate another person's backyard.
- No purchase necessary to participate.
How it Works:
- Between July 16-31, fill out the submission form!
- Between August 1-5, the community will vote for their 3 favourite backyards in each category.
- Between August 6-7, a panel of judges will visit the top 3 yards in each category and select winners!
How will the winners be selected?
- Photos of each backyard entered in the contest will be posted online for the community to view, and vote for their favourite backyard. The 3 yards with the most votes in each category will move on to the final round of judging.
- For the final round of judging, a special panel of judges will visit the top 3 backyards in each category to determine the winner in each category.
What qualities are we looking for in the Best Birding Backyard?
- Food source(s)
- Water source(s)
- Shelter or nesting boxes
- Bird-friendly plants or vegetation
- If your yard is certified through the Canadian Wildlife Federation "Wildlife-Friendly Habitat" program, you will receive bonus points
(Note: you do not have to have all of these characteristics to enter the contest)